About this Episode
Welcome to today’s episode of The Communication Solution podcast with Casey Jackson, John Gilbert and Danielle Cantin. We love talking about Motivational Interviewing, and about improving outcomes for individuals, organizations, and the communities that they serve.
Today we are talking about the differences between the MI Geek and the Naive Brain in Motivational Interviewing.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Reviewing the differences between MI Geek and the Native Brain
- Developing MI curriculum
- Core components and basic skills for a naive brain
- Research and the constant state of learning
- Active listening and perspectives
- Training in different situations
- Different skill levels
- Approaching different situations
- Empathy and listening without judgment
- Dr. William Miller and his books
- The Dunning-Kruger effect
- Stages of learning
- Human dynamics and effective communication
- Emotional intelligence
- And so much more!
You don’t want to miss this one! Make sure to rate us or share this podcast. It would mean so much to us!
Thank you for listening to the communication solution. This podcast is all about you. If you have questions, thoughts, topic suggestions, or ideas, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more resources, feel free to check out ifioc.com.