Welcome to today’s episode of The Communication Solution podcast with Casey Jackson, John Gilbert and Danielle Cantin. We love talking about Motivational Interviewing, and about improving outcomes for individuals, organizations, and the communities that they serve.
Today we delve into the topic of digital detox. We discuss our personal experiences with social media, emphasizing the importance of aligning behavior with one’s core values. The conversation touches on the impact of advocacy on social media, the need for authenticity, and the potential risks associated with excessive screen time.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Exploring the pervasive impact of digital technology and screen time on our lives, and the need for a digital detox.
- Personal experiences with digital detox, including the realization of its effects on behavior and values alignment.
- Reflecting on the challenge of balancing advocacy and social media, and the potential for generating resistance.
- The importance of seeking alignment between behavior and values in the context of social media use.
- Recognizing the potential benefits and drawbacks of social media, and the role of values-driven decisions in using it.
- Addressing the role of social media in fulfilling the human need for connection, contribution, and understanding.
- Considering the responsibility and potential risks associated with using social media platforms.
- Emphasizing the value of empathy and understanding in navigating social media interactions.
- Encouraging self-reflection and taking steps towards positive behavior change in the digital realm.
You don’t want to miss this one! Make sure to rate us or share this podcast. It would mean so much to us!
Thank you for listening to the Communication Solution Podcast with Casey Jackson and John Gilbert. As always, this podcast is all about you. If you have questions, thoughts, topic suggestions, or ideas, please send them our way at email@example.com. For more resources, feel free to check out ifioc.com.